Sunday, November 9, 2014

Locked Bootloaders Suck

Man I miss last summer. When you could root almost any Android phone with a one click exploit. Well, Motorola and many other companies have patched that up using modern encryption standards and requiring lock codes that can only be generated through their private keys. Potential dead end indeed... that kind of encryption takes a lot of computing power to break. Google is constantly rolling out OTA updates that give no new features and just patch the exploits.

Remember Google, don't be evil. Evil sucks. Well, to Google's credit, the Nexus line has allowed unlocked bootloaders all along.

With that said, where there is will, there is a way. In this case, just refuse to buy handsets that can't root. I am returning the Motorola E I just bought (sucky device anyways) and buying a GSM Google Nexus if I can find one in my price range. Because, Sunshine is right. Active roots were #solastsummer .

No comments:

Post a Comment